You guessed it…ME! After four years of blogging (to be honest, there were
days weeks of writer’s block) I finally got nominated for the Liebster blog award; an award given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers. At my last count I had 158 WordPress followers (thank you all for steadily following ). Another surprise was that I got 2 Liebster awards (Persistence does pay off after all). So I would like to thank the bloggers behind Rantings of A Canadian Girl and Saved In Drafts – two great blogs I recently started to follow after reading some engaging material (looking forward to your next articles so hurry up! lol). Sadly, this award comes at a price – I have to honour the rules or forfeit (NEVER!)
The Rules (I’ll try to keep)
- Thank the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions they have asked you (so I’ll take 6 from ROACG and 5 from SID, if that’s ok)
- Nominate 11 other people
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
- And Finally…let them know you have nominated them
11 Random Facts about Myself
- I once wrote a controversial article about my affair with four women
- I love food so much that when I go to bed I dream about breakfast *mmm*
- I have a phobia for cockroaches…I even fumigate the corners of my blog.
- I ‘m an action movie junkie; Bruce Willis is my no.1 Die Hard (Yippeekaye!)
- I drive fast when I’m happy, faster when I’m angry and slow when in traffic.
- I get excited at the thought of flying – best part is thundering down the tarmac.
- Whenever I’m alone on a slippery surface I do a quick Moonwalk (RIP MJ)
- I cringe when I hear a grammatical blunder…and I’m not afraid to correct it.
- I’ve been in a few fist fights…but they all involved my imaginary friend.
- I’m Anglican but people think I’m Catholic; I hang a rosary in my car – sue me.
- I’m allergic to nail varnish as Superman is allergic to Kryptonite; I spaz out!
Just answer the question!
- How long have you been blogging/writing and what drew you to it? I’ve been blogging since February 2009 and blogging was much cheaper and ‘greener’ than buying A4 paper.
- Who is your favourite F.R.I.E.N.D.S character? Chandler Bing…an episode without him wouldn’t be worth watching.
- Did you intentionally pick a theme for your blog, did it just evolve organically or do you feel there is no theme per se? I started off with a very basic theme which some of my fans criticized and then as I got more comfortable with WordPress dashboard I made two subsequent theme changes and customized my current one to my satisfaction…finally.
- Favourite mode of transport – and why? Air travel. It’s such an adrenaline rush and at over 10,000 feet there’s no traffic, car horns and potholes!
- What role does blogging/writing play in your life? Blogging allows me express myself as and when I want. It’s a way of release. It’s therapeutic and it keeps me sane – try keeping a thousand file cabinets of unspoken thoughts in your head 🙂
- What do you wish you had more time for? Right now I wish I could spend more time with her (and she’s keeping something special for me, *sigh*)
- What is one song that never ceases to evoke a memory or emotion from you? Take A Look At Me Now by Phil Collins. Heartbreak meets tear-jerk.
- Dogs or Cats? Dogs. Have you read about that blogger whose cat is trying to kill her? Hilarious.
- If you had an opportunity to truly change something in the world what would it be? World hunger. Based on Worldhunger.org the starving population is close to 1 billion by now *sigh*.
- Would you want to live forever? So long as I can be forever young, hell yeah!
- What one word would you like the world to attribute to you and always remember you by? I think we all know the answer to that one (but in a good way, of course).
And the nominees for the Liebster blog award, noted for their refreshing content, are:
- Strawberry Quicksand
- Lovely college girl
- Imat Iyel
- Ramblings of a Semi-Cool Dude
- Tope rants
- Golden Lips
- Blogging on the bright side
- Sharon Salu
Congratulations to you all! It doesn’t end there – I have a few questions for you too 🙂
My questions for the nominees
- If you could rescue only one personal item from a burning house what would it be, and why?
- Which would you prefer to have this year – 10,000 more page views or 100 more followers?
- Of all the blog themes why did you choose your current blog theme?
- What is the one thing (animate or inanimate) that you are terrified of?
- If you could teleport yourself to any part of the world right now, where would it be?
- Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S character do you think you share a similar personality with?
- If you could only eat one type of dish for a whole month, what would it be?
- What is the title of your last blog post (you can insert link here)?
- If you won $1,000,000 what is the first thing you would spend on or invest in?
- When you get angry what do you do to calm yourself down?
- Do you believe in life after death (explain your reason)?
Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it. If you didn’t then don’t worry because I’ll be back to my old crazy Nigerian posting next time around. And to those followers whom I haven’t heard from in a while but receive all my posts, please let me know that you still have a pulse. Thank you and Adieu!
*Cue farewell music* Take a bow
Fantastic job! You managed what I couldn’t -to keep it relatively short and sweet.
oh, thanks CG. I enjoyed reading yours so who cares about length anyway? Your blog, your rules 🙂
You make “Crazy” cool. Thanks for the nomination sire!
It was well deserved! Let’ see how you answer my questions…
My pulse still dey. It was nice getting to know you through this post.
Lol @ pulse still dey. Thank God. Good to hear from you. Saw your book, A Love Rekindled, at Terra Kulture earlier this afternoon. What are the odds you’d make contact today? 🙂
Thanks so much for the nomination! It’s awesome to have positive feedback from fellow bloggers! I guess I should answer the questions! I’ll make a post of it and tag this 🙂
Pingback: Answers to My Nomination! | lovelycollegegirl
Pingback: My very first liebster…… | Ramblings of a Semi-Cool Dude
Pingback: Liebster Blog Award from The Crazy Nigerian | Sharon Salu
Lol at fumigating the corners of your blog. Abeg what brand of roach-killer do you use?
The Phil Collins song is a classic.
Potholes in the air? God forbid. The closest thing to that would be the occasional turbulence. Okay, not close enough.
Thanks again for the award. I answered your questions finally. You can check them out here: http://sharonsalu.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/liebster-blog-award-from-the-crazy-nigerian/
For the record, I use Baygon – works even days after the first spray. Can’t wait to see your answers! *leaves chat*