You guessed it…ME! After four years of blogging (to be honest, there were
days weeks of writer’s block) I finally got nominated for the Liebster blog award; an award given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers. At my last count I had 158 WordPress followers (thank you all for steadily following ). Another surprise was that I got 2 Liebster awards (Persistence does pay off after all). So I would like to thank the bloggers behind Rantings of A Canadian Girl and Saved In Drafts – two great blogs I recently started to follow after reading some engaging material (looking forward to your next articles so hurry up! lol). Sadly, this award comes at a price – I have to honour the rules or forfeit (NEVER!)
The Rules (I’ll try to keep)
- Thank the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions they have asked you (so I’ll take 6 from ROACG and 5 from SID, if that’s ok)
- Nominate 11 other people
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
- And Finally…let them know you have nominated them
11 Random Facts about Myself
- I once wrote a controversial article about my affair with four women
- I love food so much that when I go to bed I dream about breakfast *mmm*
- I have a phobia for cockroaches…I even fumigate the corners of my blog.
- I ‘m an action movie junkie; Bruce Willis is my no.1 Die Hard (Yippeekaye!)
- I drive fast when I’m happy, faster when I’m angry and slow when in traffic.
- I get excited at the thought of flying – best part is thundering down the tarmac.
- Whenever I’m alone on a slippery surface I do a quick Moonwalk (RIP MJ)
- I cringe when I hear a grammatical blunder…and I’m not afraid to correct it.
- I’ve been in a few fist fights…but they all involved my imaginary friend.
- I’m Anglican but people think I’m Catholic; I hang a rosary in my car – sue me.
- I’m allergic to nail varnish as Superman is allergic to Kryptonite; I spaz out!
Just answer the question!
- How long have you been blogging/writing and what drew you to it? I’ve been blogging since February 2009 and blogging was much cheaper and ‘greener’ than buying A4 paper.
- Who is your favourite F.R.I.E.N.D.S character? Chandler Bing…an episode without him wouldn’t be worth watching.
- Did you intentionally pick a theme for your blog, did it just evolve organically or do you feel there is no theme per se? I started off with a very basic theme which some of my fans criticized and then as I got more comfortable with WordPress dashboard I made two subsequent theme changes and customized my current one to my satisfaction…finally.
- Favourite mode of transport – and why? Air travel. It’s such an adrenaline rush and at over 10,000 feet there’s no traffic, car horns and potholes!
- What role does blogging/writing play in your life? Blogging allows me express myself as and when I want. It’s a way of release. It’s therapeutic and it keeps me sane – try keeping a thousand file cabinets of unspoken thoughts in your head 🙂
- What do you wish you had more time for? Right now I wish I could spend more time with her (and she’s keeping something special for me, *sigh*)
- What is one song that never ceases to evoke a memory or emotion from you? Take A Look At Me Now by Phil Collins. Heartbreak meets tear-jerk.
- Dogs or Cats? Dogs. Have you read about that blogger whose cat is trying to kill her? Hilarious.
- If you had an opportunity to truly change something in the world what would it be? World hunger. Based on Worldhunger.org the starving population is close to 1 billion by now *sigh*.
- Would you want to live forever? So long as I can be forever young, hell yeah!
- What one word would you like the world to attribute to you and always remember you by? I think we all know the answer to that one (but in a good way, of course).
And the nominees for the Liebster blog award, noted for their refreshing content, are:
- Strawberry Quicksand
- Lovely college girl
- Imat Iyel
- Ramblings of a Semi-Cool Dude
- Tope rants
- Golden Lips
- Blogging on the bright side
- Sharon Salu
Congratulations to you all! It doesn’t end there – I have a few questions for you too 🙂
My questions for the nominees
- If you could rescue only one personal item from a burning house what would it be, and why?
- Which would you prefer to have this year – 10,000 more page views or 100 more followers?
- Of all the blog themes why did you choose your current blog theme?
- What is the one thing (animate or inanimate) that you are terrified of?
- If you could teleport yourself to any part of the world right now, where would it be?
- Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S character do you think you share a similar personality with?
- If you could only eat one type of dish for a whole month, what would it be?
- What is the title of your last blog post (you can insert link here)?
- If you won $1,000,000 what is the first thing you would spend on or invest in?
- When you get angry what do you do to calm yourself down?
- Do you believe in life after death (explain your reason)?
Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it. If you didn’t then don’t worry because I’ll be back to my old crazy Nigerian posting next time around. And to those followers whom I haven’t heard from in a while but receive all my posts, please let me know that you still have a pulse. Thank you and Adieu!
*Cue farewell music* Take a bow