I expect happy birthday greetings to start rolling in for me from the 7th day of the 11th month of the year but until then I just felt like dropping the real deal (411) on y’all as I’ve experienced them on earth:
- Be nice all you want; some people still won’t like you…for no reason
- Be yourself because its ten times harder trying to be someone else…full time
- One real hug feels much better than 100 arm-less emoticon hugs
- Look good, feel good. Feel good, Act confident. Act confident, Earn respect
- If she really wants you she’ll call back even if it’s years after
- In the workplace there’s politics. Learn when to play and when to stray
- Give – time, money, knowledge, support…just give and change a life
- The ones who stick with you in the worst of times are your friends
- The ones who call you on your birthday hold you in high esteem
- Worry less about what’s on your head but more about what’s in it
- Everyone’s allergic to bullshit. The art is in making it ‘smell’ good
- You’re only as fat or as slim as you think
- If you’ve cheated death at least three times someone upstairs has a ‘job’ for you
- That point when you’re about to give up may be moments away from a breakthrough
- Those who left a legacy behind are not forgotten today (Fela, MJ, Bob Marley, etc)
- Attention isn’t always the best currency. Pay more and receive less.
- Family is everything
- When there were good times and bad times God never abandoned me. God is Love (1 John 4:8)
- Be thankful and count your blessings
- And if you insist on becoming a gang member then join the beard gang 😛
…in advance, thanks 😉
Hi Jollof, wonderful life lessons. I couldn’t agree more with: Be thankful and count your blessings.
Happy birthday in advance! 🙂
Thank you Timi (insert big hug here). C’est la vie
Happy Birthday, Sir Tonwa!
Thanks a mil!