Against unimaginable odds the Super Eagles yesterday won the African Cup of Nations…19 years since their last win – and to them I say a huge congratulations for achieving this feat. After all the jubilation the big question now is what are we to expect in Nigeria:
- Fireworks being set off over the next couple of nights
- All Nigerian newspapers carrying a picture of the team celebrating the win
- Lost office hours resulting from staff conversing about the epic final
- Hypertensive Nigerians finally settling to watch the full match replay (which they refused to watch earlier)
- A surge in the population of new-born babies in November (or perhaps sale of birth control pills)
- In that same month a rise in the number of male babies named ‘Sunday’ (regardless of the actual day they were born)
- Abuse of bragging rights over the next 2 years, to the annoyance of every other African country.
- A renewed sense of patriotism displayed with Nigerian mini flags sticking out from vehicles.
- Stephen Keshi will be asked to lead us to qualify in the next World Cup
These are merely speculations but only time will tell if I’m wrong…and I doubt that 🙂